Monday, October 22, 2012

Service

It has long been my dream to preach in the church. To share my enthusiasm and my passion for God. To admonish and challenge His people when needed and to cheer and encourage them as well. 

I believe that, for many people, the minutia of life obscures opportunities for service to God. We get distracted in our pain, our worries, and our struggles to make ends meet or to make our marriages work or to hold on to our jobs in an uncertain world that God becomes something we do instead of a loving Father who cares.

On the other hand there are many of us who become comfortable to the point of couch potatoism. We are confident in our relationship with our Heavenly Father. We share Him with others. We give to His church. We serve when asked... In other words we do ENOUGH. We become complacent because the idea of ENOUGH makes us lazy and we no longer exhibit the passion, the excitement, or the urgency that we once did... Our fire is banked and is no longer the shining beacon it once was.

On the last hand, I know we only have two but work with me here, lol. 


We have people who allow fear or anxiety keep them from where they could be... I fall into this last category. I want to preach... but struggle with anxiety and dislike being the center of attention because of this. I feel called to preach and yet rarely leave my home and even then only with a trusted few.  I want to preach despite that in my church family such opportunities are nearly non existent... Now I have spoken at an evening service so there is hope for the future and I pray that God gives me the strength, patience, and fearlessness to do so again when the opportunity arises. For the rest of us who allow fear or anxiety interfere with the work of God, I call on you to examine yourself and abandon your fear. Give it to God for perfect love drives out all fear! If you fear change pray that God shares His vision with you so you can get excited about it and in your joy forget your fear.

Above all we must remember that we are the children of the most high God. It is something we ARE, not something we do or simply believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment